Banner

Banner
Click Imgage to Donate

Sunday, June 3, 2012

10 miles!

I just did my first 10 mile run!  I'm happy to report that I feel great and I am looking forward to longer distances!  Something about long distance running.  Some say it's lonely, as was the case in Alan Sillitoe's 1959 short story, The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner, also a 1962 movie based on the story (and a song by Iron Maiden, but that one's less well known).  However, I disagree.  I love it.  It gives me time to collect my thoughts and be a little more introspective about my life and running.  Yes, I often run with my Ipod on listening to Podcasts, but I often go without.  Today, I confess, I went with the Ipod.  That doesn't mean I didn't keep my mind working.  Mainly, I was focused my physical condition to make sure I did not over work myself.  I was originally planning on only running 9 miles, but I felt so good at the end that I tacked on the extra mile to round it out to an even 10 (besides, 10 miles comes with more bragging rights!)  Anyway, looking forward to longer runs and, hopefully, faster times (I did 10 in 1:33:58 with two stops).

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment