Banner

Banner
Click Imgage to Donate

Monday, April 16, 2012

More Honors

My brother-in-law lost his mother to cancer more than 10 years ago. She had breast cancer. It went into remission at one point, then came back. Lorraine Leavey was a wonderful woman. She was a joy to be with and an honor to know. She was always there for my brother-in-law and my sister whenever they needed her, and believe me, they needed her.

I was young when I met her, in middle school I believe, so I had a different perspective then my sister, who is 15 years my senior (sorry sis). Lorraine treated me like one of her sons, and always made sure my plate was full (very full) when I was a guest for dinner at her house. Despite my odd phases growing up, and I had many of them, Lorraine treated me exactly the same as everyone else who visited her home.

So, Lorraine, I am proud to be running for you too. May your kind heart live on in the souls of your children and grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment