Banner

Banner
Click Imgage to Donate

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

"...that would be an honor"

Training is going fine right now. On that note, there is nothing interesting to share. However, I indicated in my first post that if any of you had been touched by cancer in some way to tell me your story, and I would be running for you too. Well, I received an e-mail from my friend, Bonnie Pollen, yesterday, after sending my appeal for support. She told me that she received my e-mail "on the very day I was told my breast biopsy is positive for cancer."

Fortunately for Bonnie, and her family, the form of breast cancer she has is treatable, with a 99% cure rate. I told her that I was going to write this and she said, "that would be an honor". So today I am honoring Bonnie and offering a prayer that she and her family weather this storm with strength and humility. Bonnie, you are not alone, and know that I am also running for you.

I have added two lists on my blog page. To honor cancer survivors and those who have lost the battle. I am defining cancer survivors as those who are currently battling cancer, and those who have battled cancer and won.

If you have nominations for either list, let me know. I have decided to dedicate my run to every person who is added to both lists.

Thanks,
Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment