Banner

Banner
Click Imgage to Donate

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I've decided to keep a daily training blog. Don't expect long posts here, just a few notes to help me keep track of my training, log my thoughts, and keep me motivated as I train. What I am training for?

Last year I participated in the North Shore Cancer Run to support the North Shore Medical Center's Cancer Center and I raised more than $700 to help local families on the north shore of Massachusetts who are coping with cancer. This year, I want to raise more than $2000, if possible.

Visit my fund raising page donate and learn more about the North Shore Medical Center's Cancer Center:
http://nsmcgiving.partners.org/Page.aspx?pid=508&frsid=5816

My father, Joseph Grasso, lost his battle with cancer in 1995, so I am running for him. To make this fundraising effort more worthwhile, this year I am running three races for one cause:

• The North Shore Cancer Run 5K, June 24th,
• The Wicked Half-Marathon, September 22nd, and
• The Bay State Marathon, October 21st!

That’s right, a 5K, a ½-Marathon, and a full Marathon, all in support of the North Shore Medical Center! That’s three races, and an entire season of training, to support! Whatever you are willing and able to give would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance for your support. I am sure all of you have been touched by cancer. When you give you can tell me your story and I will be running for you too!

So, come back to visit often, I'll be sure to post something every I train (Monday through Saturday).

No comments:

Post a Comment